If you can’t locate the TCL Roku TV power button, you are not alone. In many TCL Roku TV models, the power button is hidden to maintain a sleek design, which can make it a bit challenging to locate.
To find your TCL Roku TV power button, check underneath the TV, near the TCL logo, or on the back part of the sides of the TV. You can also use the Roku App, Roku’s remote, or a universal remote. If the button isn’t working, try checking the power supply and HDMI cables, or power-cycling your TV.
This article provides a detailed guide on where you can locate your TCL Roku TV’s power button, as well as some additional options to use for powering on/off your TV, which we have mentioned before, Additionally, we will provide some common issues and troubleshooting steps.
Locating the Power Button on Your TCL Roku TV
When you first set up your TCL Roku TV, locating the power button might not be immediately obvious. However, it is essential to be familiar with the power button’s location in case you misplace your remote or need to perform a manual reset.
Typical Placement on the TCL Roku TV
The power button on a TCL Roku TV is typically found in one of the following locations, but it may vary slightly depending on the specific model:
- Under the TCL Logo: One common location for the power button is directly under the TCL logo at the center of the bottom bezel. Reach below the logo on the TV’s front side, and you should feel the button on the underside of the frame.
- Back of the TV: If you don’t find the power button in the middle underside, it might be located on the back of the TV. In some cases, the button can be found in the middle of the back panel, while other models might place the button on the right side, middle of the panel.
- Along the bottom bezel: Another possible location is near the bottom bezel, but on the TV’s right side instead of the center. This power button placement would still be underneath the frame but closer to the corner.
Keep in mind that TCL Roku TV models might have slight variations in the power button location. However, most models feature the power button in one of these three general areas.
Alternatives to the Physical TCL Power Button
If you’re trying to turn on your TCL Roku TV but can’t seem to find the physical power button or perhaps you’re in a situation where the power button is not accessible, worry not! There are alternative methods of turning on your TV, which we have already mentioned before. In this section, we will explore these options:
Using the Roku Mobile App
You can easily control your TCL Roku TV using the Roku Mobile App on your phone. Here’s how you can get started:
- Download the Roku app on your smartphone (available on both Android and iOS).
- Ensure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TCL Roku TV.
- Launch the app and log in using your Roku account.
- The app will automatically detect your TCL Roku TV.
- Use the app’s remote control feature to power on your TV.
Using Roku TV Remote
If you have lost the remote for your TCL Roku TV or it’s not functioning properly, you can use a Roku remote as an alternative. To do this:
- Purchase a Roku TV remote (like this one on Amazon).
- Insert the batteries and power it on.
- Point the remote towards your TV and press the power button.
Third-Party Universal Remotes For TCL Roku TV
Another option to turn on your TCL Roku TV is by using a universal remote. These remotes can be programmed to work with various devices, including your TCL Roku TV. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Purchase a universal remote (we recommend the Philips 6 Device Universal Remote Control on Amazon).
- Follow the remote’s instruction manual to program it for your TCL Roku TV.
- Once programmed, use the universal remote to power on your TV.
By using these alternative methods, you can easily turn on your TCL Roku TV without needing to rely on the physical power button.
Troubleshooting TCL Roku TV Power Issues
If your TCL Roku TV’s power button is not working, here are some common causes and fixes you can try.
Assessing Your Power Supply
When facing power issues with your TCL Roku TV, first, ensure the power outlets and cords are functioning properly:
- Double-check the power cord fits snugly into your TV and the wall outlet.
- Try plugging the TV into a different power outlet to determine if a dead outlet is an issue.
- Examine the power cord for any visible damages or fraying.
Power Cycling Your TCL TV
Temporary software malfunctions can cause the power button to become unresponsive. Power cycling your TCL Roku TV will troubleshoot issues or reset the power state. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your TV by pressing the power button.
- Unplug the TV from the power source.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV back into the power source.
- Turn on your TV by pressing the power button again.
By power cycling your TV, you can help resolve various issues related to the TV’s performance, such as freezing or lagging.
Issues With Internal Components Of The TCL Roku TV
If you have tried the steps above, and the power button on your TCL Roku TV is still not working, the cause of the issue may be a failure in the internal components (motherboard or capacitors). In this case, contact TCL support for further guidance.