There are a few different ways to control your Samsung Soundbar, but perhaps the most satisfying option is to do so wirelessly, straight from your iPhone. Luckily, controlling your Soundbar from the iPhone is a piece of cake.
To control your Soundbar with an iPhone, download the SmartThings app, then use the ‘Source’ button on the Soundbar itself or its remote to choose Bluetooth or WiFi. Both options will work. Add your device to the SmartThings app, and you’re ready to go!
Just remember, if you choose WiFi over Bluetooth, make sure that your Samsung Soundbar and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network. Let’s take a look at these options in detail so that you can get started right away.
Can You Control Your Samsung Soundbar With an iPhone?
You can easily control your Samsung Soundbar (on Amazon) from your iPhone using the SmartThings app for iOS. This solution allows users to control multiple devices through a single app.
So, if you want to control your audio system or the smart TV, just make sure they’re compatible with the SmartThings app.
How to Control a Samsung Soundbar With an iPhone
There are two different ways to accomplish this task. However, regardless of which method you choose, you must download and install the SmartThings app on your iPhone.
Steps to Connect and Control a Samsung Soundbar with an iPhone Using Bluetooth
Undoubtedly, Bluetooth makes it simpler to form a connection between two devices. An added bonus is that the process is a breeze too:
- As a rule of thumb, you must put your Samsung Soundbar in pairing mode.
- Once in pairing mode, access the SmartThings app on your iPhone.
- Click on the ‘Devices’ tab to add a new device by tapping on the plus sign.
- Use the ‘Scan nearby’ button to connect with your device. When you see your Soundbar’s name, click it to initiate the connection process.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the setup.
Steps to Connect and Control a Samsung Soundbar With an iPhone Using WIFI
For greater range compared to what you can achieve using a Bluetooth connection, opt for WiFi. Make sure that your Samsung Soundbar and the iPhone are using the same WiFi connection and that the WiFi is working properly. Then proceed as follows:
- Press the source button on your Soundbar’s remote to toggle to ‘WiFi.’ Alternatively, you can use the source button on the back of the Soundbar. To make sure you’re pressing the right button, refer to the Soundbar’s manual.
- Use the same WiFi signal to connect your iPhone.
- Tap the plus icon on the SmartThings app and press the ‘device’ option. This will populate the list of available devices ready to connect.
- Tap the AV option on the right side of the screen and select the Soundbar’s brand. You can choose between Samsung and Samsung Harman Kardon. Select Soundbar.
- When you see the ‘Start’ button, click it. Select the appropriate location from the list.
If the connection seems insufficient with the 5 Hz WiFi connection, try switching to the 2.3 Hz bandwidth.
You can follow the same process to connect your Samsung Smart TV (on Amazon) with the same WiFi connection. This way, when connected to the same router frequency using the SmartThings app, the Soundbar will output audio from the TV.