We talk a lot about the different electronics used for home theaters, including televisions, projectors, screens and surround sound components. However, having the right entertainment center can help you complete the overall look of your room. For those who do not have a fireplace, an added electronic model can help provide some much-needed help and give your space a cozy feel.
So what are the 8 best entertainment centers with built-in fireplaces?
- Ameriwood Home Manchester Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- WE Furniture Traditional Wood Fireplace Stand
- Tieton Corner TV Stand with Electric Fireplace
- Ameriwood Home Parsons Console Fireplace
- Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console
- WE Minimal Farmhouse Wood Fireplace Stand
- Southern Enterprises Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace
- Real Flame 8280E-AGR Parsons Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center
Below, I take a deeper look at the entertainment centers with electric fireplaces listed above and provide some pros and cons worth considering if you are looking to invest in one of these units.
1. Ameriwood Home Manchester Electric Fireplace TV Stand
Solidly constructed out of laminated MDF and particleboard, the Ameriwood Home Manchester Electric Fireplace TV Stand (on Amazon) is available in black, grey or white. Able to support large TVs, measuring up to 70 inches or 135 pounds, this Ameriwood Home TV stand makes a great addition to you home entertainment setup.
As far as the electric fireplace component of this TV stand, it can be plugged into any standard outlet and does not require specialized power sources. The AltraFlame patented technology means that your Ameriwood Home TV stand comes with built-in reflectors that create super-realistic flames using LED lights. (These lights are known to last up to 50,000 hours.)
The electric fireplace can be easily set between 64 to 82 degrees using the included remote. (The remote also allows for you to select different “flame” options, set a timer, and power on/off.) It should be noted that Ameriwood Home recommends this TV stand and fireplace combination for rooms up to 400 square feet.
With 4 open shelves, 2 of which are adjustable, you have ample space to store plenty of things, such as your cable box, game console, Blu-ray discs, and books. (While the stand itself supports TVs up to 135 pounds, the adjustable shelves also support up to 20 pounds and the fixed shelves will handle up to 30 pounds.)
The full entertainment center measures 27-15/16 inches high, 65-3/16 inches wide and 19-13/16 inches deep. The electric fireplace, which sits in the center the stand, measures 18.1 inches high, 23.8 inches wide and 18 inches deep.
- Attractive design made of sturdy materials in a range of colors to match any décor.
- The height is great and sets the TV at a proper height for those viewing from a standard couch.
- Adjustable shelves make it easy to customize them for your personal needs.
- Wide range of temperatures, adjustable by 2 degrees, is easy to set.
- Although sturdy, the overall design appears “heavy” and more bulky than sleek.
- If you do not mount your TV on the wall behind the stand, you do not have enough room to place a soundbar at the recommended distance from the screen.
2. WE Furniture Traditional Wood Fireplace Stand
The Walker Edison (WE) Furniture Company offers this electric fireplace TV stand in 8 different colors: barnwood, black, driftwood, espresso, grey wash, reclaimed barnwood, traditional brown and white oak. It also comes in two different heights: 24- and 32-inches.
The WE Furniture Traditional Wood Fireplace Stand is a rustic, solidly built entertainment center. Made of durable laminate and high-grade MDF board, this entertainment center includes 4 enclosed shelves, 2 of which are adjustable.
For the fireplace, Walker Edison recommends this entertainment center for rooms up to 400 square feet. The electric fireplace offers heat settings up to 89 degrees. The entertainment center allows you to turn on the heater and flame images independently of each other if desired. Flame images are realistically produced through the use of LED lights.
The 24-inch model (on Amazon) measures 24 inches high, 58 inches wide and 16 inches deep. While the electric fireplace sits centrally in the unit, there are 2 shelves on either side that measure 17.5 inches high, 14.75 inches wide and 15.75 inches deep.
The centrally located electric fireplace, which is a simple plug and go model, measures 18 inches high, 18 inches wide and 13.5 inches deep.
- The rustic design is well thought out and beautifully simple.
- Between the 8 color choices and 2 height preferences, there are plenty of options to match any kind of color décor.
- There is no timer for the electric fireplace.
- The WE Furniture Traditional Wood Fireplace Stand offers one type of flame light, limiting the images available.
- This entertainment center does not come with a remote for control of the included electric fireplace.
3. Tieton Corner TV Stand with Electric Fireplace
Finding the right entertainment center specifically designed for a corner setup can be hard. Finding one with a built-in electric fireplace can be even harder. That’s where the Tieton Corner TV Stand with Electric Fireplace (on Wayfair) comes in.
This entertainment center comes in 7 colored laminated MDF options: white oak, barnwood, gray wash, espresso, traditional brown, black and rustic oak.
Designed to fit against the corner walls while still leaving plenty of room for cords behind the unit, this entertainment center is a beautiful addition to any room.
With 3 angled and enclosed shelves on either side of the fireplace, there is ample room to store DVDs, decorative items, console controllers and other items. A centrally located shelf above the electric fireplace provides a space for your cable box, game console or Blu-ray player.
The Teiton Corner TV Stand with Electric Fireplace can hold up to 250 pounds and up to 50-inch TVs.
Corner entertainment centers tend to be smaller in size. This one measures 37-1/8 inches high, 47.25 inches wide, and 20-1/8 inches deep at its widest points. The fireplace is also smaller than many of the others on this list, measuring just 17-5/8 inches high, 18-1/8 inches wide, and 17.5 inches deep.
- Beautifully constructed in a range of color options.
- Ample storage space.
- A remote is not included with this entertainment center for control of the electric fireplace.
- No range of temperature or change in flame LEDs for a custom flame and heat setting.
4. Ameriwood Home Parsons Console Fireplace
The Ameriwood Home Parsons Console Fireplace (on Amazon) is designed to appear sleek, minimal and modern. With 4 open side shelves, this entertainment center appears very airy and light. It also comes in 4 different colors of laminated particleboard, including espresso, dove gray, black and white.
Able to support up to 120 pounds, this entertainment center can handle up to 65-inch TVs. The faux-log fireplace sed LEDs to replicate flames and red-hot embers.
Designed to heat a room up to 400 square feet, the electric fireplace can run heat and LED lights independently or simultaneously. The heat setting can be adjusted by increments of 2 and will automatically go into sleep mode once the room has reached the desired temperature.
The entertainment center itself measures 22.5 inches high, 58.7 inches wide and 18.7 inches deep. The centrally located electric fireplace measures 17.5 inches high, 19.1 inches wide and 4.25 inches deep.
- The automatic sleep mode saves you from wasting electricity running the fireplace unnecessarily.
- The sleek design offers a sturdy option for a minimalist room.
- No remote means you must manually adjust light and heat settings.
5. Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console
The Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console (on Amazon) is Ameriwood Home’s rustic entertainment model. The Farmington comes in 4 different laminated MDF and particleboard color options: natural, rustic, black oak and ivory pine. (As part of the Farmington collection, it is built to match many of the other Ameriwood Home Farmington products.)
The built-in LED light electric fireplace offers a range of temperatures, from 72 to 82 degrees, that can be adjusted easily using front control buttons or the included remote. (You can also select from a range of flame types to further customize the look.) Lights and heat can be run together or separately.
The Farmington supports up to 135 pounds or a 60-inch TV. It includes 2 enclosed shelves on either side of the built-in fireplace. Doors for the shelves resemble barn doors to further enhance the rustic design of the unit.
Fully assembled, the Farmington measures 29.4 inches high, 59.6 inches wide and 15.7 inches deep. The electric fireplace insert measures 17.5 inches high, 22-7/8 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep.
- Beautiful rustic design that blends well with the entire Farmington collection or similarly styled décor.
- Gives off plenty of heat for rooms up to 400 square feet.
- Included remote makes power, heat settings and LED selections easy.
- Some users have complained about the laminate separating too easily from the MDF and particleboard.
6. WE Minimal Farmhouse Wood Fireplace Stand
The WE Minimal Farmhouse Wood Fireplace Stand (on Amazon) offers a combination of rustic and modern designs. Made of laminated MDF, this entertainment center comes in 6 color choices: driftwood, black, barnwood, charcoal, espresso and oak white.
Holes are drilled into the backs of each of the 4 open-front shelves allow for easy cord management. (Of the 4, 2 of the shelves are adjustable to fit all your needs.) The Minimal Farmhouse Wood Fireplace Stand should support up to 250 pounds.
The electric fireplace included with this model works best in rooms up to 400 square feet. The LED lights and temperature ranges can be run independently or together but must be adjusted through the manual controls on the front of the unit.
This is one of the largest entertainment centers on this list, measuring 25 inches high, 70 inches wide, and 15.75 inches deep. The electric fireplace unit, which is in the center of the stand, measures 17-7/8 inches high, 18-1/8 inches wide and 14-1/8 inches deep.
- Beautifully designed, even the large span does not appear overly heavy or intrusive.
- Large shelves allow for ample storage.
- The flame settings allow for different ambient feels and customization.
- The lack of a remote can be inconvenient.
- At 70 inches, this entertainment center may be too large for smaller rooms.
7. Southern Enterprises Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace
The Southern Enterprises (SE) Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace (on Amazon) is the only one on this list with a beautiful faux stone inset around the built-in fireplace. Designed to fit both against a flat wall and in a corner, this entertainment center makes a statement wherever you put it.
While this unit only comes in white, it includes 3 lighted, enclosed and adjustable glass shelves on either side of the electric fireplace. A large central shelf sits atop the electric fireplace and faux stone paneling. The entertainment center can support TVs that weigh up to 85 pounds or measures up to 50 inches wide.
The electric fireplace has a heat range of 62 to 82 degrees and works best in rooms up to 400 square feet in size. The LED flames and temperature can be adjusted via control buttons on the unit or with the included remote.
The SE Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace measures 36.5 inches high, 52.25 inches wide, and 16 inches deep at the widest points.
- The faux stone and white laminated MDF make for a stunning statement.
- The lighted glass shelves make for beautiful displays of decorative items.
- Having only one-color option may impact whether this unit will match your décor.
8. Real Flame 8280E-AGR Parsons Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center
The 8280E-AGR Parsons Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center (on Wayfair) by Real Flame is the only stand on this slide that provides 6 sliding drawers instead of shelves. Sleek and modern, this model comes in 2 laminated MDF and solid wood colors: antique grey and chestnut oak.
This is one of the only entertainment centers with fireplaces that comes with a programmable thermostat and digital readout display with up to 9 hours for a timed shutdown. It also comes with a remote control that allows you to easily set the heat, timer and select flames from a number of LED options.
As one of the strongest electric fireplaces available, the Real Flame 8280E-AGR is able to heat up to 1000 square feet.
The 8280E-AGR measures 27.56 inches high, 66.81 inches wide and 15.81 inches deep. The centrally located electric fireplace measures 19.9 inches high, 23.6 inches wide and 6.8 inches deep.
- Slide drawers give this entertainment center a modern, minimalist look.
- The programmable electric fireplace is powerful, beautiful and easy to use.
- Comes with a remote control
- The 8280E-AGR is solidly built and may appear “heavy” to those looking for something airy.