Your home theater is more than just a killer sound system and TV or projector. It’s about the décor, the support components, and the way you tie it all together. Finding the right entertainment center for a smaller space can be harder than you would expect. In fact, when I was younger and in need of a smaller entertainment center, I found it almost impossible to find one that offers solid construction, stylish designs, and ample storage.
So what are the 8 best entertainment centers for smaller rooms?
- Ameriwood Home Elevation AltraMount TV Stand
- Annie TV Stand
- Bush Furniture Visions Tall Corner TV Stand
- Convenient Concepts Designs2Go Deluxe 2-Door TV Stand
- Hayward TV Stand
- ORE International Corner TV Stand
- WE Furniture Modern Farmhouse Wood Corner Universal Stand
- Zoel TV Stand
Small rooms tend to call for smaller entertainment centers. Most expert home theater designers recommend sticking to entertainment centers that are 48 inches or less in width. Entertainment centers that go beyond this often protrude into smaller home theaters and can limit the space you have for other furniture as well as mobility.
With that being said, below I list some of the best entertainment centers for smaller rooms and we have another article on the best soundbars for small rooms as well.
1. Ameriwood Home Elevation AltraMount TV Stand
The Ameriwood Home Elevation AltraMount TV Stand (on Amazon) offers a sleek, modern spin on entertainment centers. Offered in black, this open entertainment center offers plenty of space via three differently-sized, large shelves.
In addition to this, flat-screen TVs up to 60-inches wide can be mounted directly to the stand itself. This means you can appreciate the appeal of a mounted TV without having to punch holes in your walls. (This is great if you are renting!)
The sturdy metal frame can support TVs up to 175 pounds; the floating shelves attach to this metal frame and can support all of your entertainment center needs. Additionally, if you do opt for wall mounting your TV, the included mount can be easily removed from the unit, leaving just the floating shelves.
Also, if you want to attach the entertainment center to the wall to prevent accidental tipping, screws and instructions for doing so are included.
Based on the dimensions of the largest shelf, this Ameriwood entertainment center measures 58.125 inches high, 29.5 inches wide and 20.1875 inches deep. The weight of this model is roughly 50.72 pounds.
- Sleek and modern design.
- Extremely compact for even the smallest of home theaters.
- Easy to assemble.
- Metal frame makes this entertainment center, including the shelves, capable of supporting heavy entertainment components.
- The open shelves allow full ventilation of your electronics, such as your Blu-ray player, cable box or game console.
- The included mount does not allow for tilting; your TV will face straight out.
- The wall-mounting screws may be too short for appropriate anchoring depending on your wall.
2. Annie TV Stand
The Annie TV Stand (on Wayfair) was designed to support TVs up to 32 inches wide or up to 50 pounds. Available in three colors (French Oak Grey, Americano Medium Brown, and Columbia Walnut Dark Brown), the Annie TV Stand is made from manufactured wood topped with premium laminate.
Style-wise, the Annie TV Stand is a contemporary piece that offers 2 adjustable shelves and a large drawer for all your storage needs. Entirely open, the shelving area offers ample ventilation to ensure your game console, Blu-ray player or other devices do not overheat.
The minimalist design offers clean lines and a silhouette that compliments almost any décor or style. Deep enough to support both a flat-screen TV and a soundbar, this entertainment center is a compact solution to all your small space home theater needs.
The full entertainment center measures 15-1/8 inches high, 31-1/2 inches wide and 12-3/4 inches deep. Easy to assemble, the Annie TV Stand weighs in at just over 16 pounds.
- Modern and stylish, this sleek entertainment center offers plenty of space for your electronics.
- Multiple color choices ensure you can select a model that best fits your motif.
- Lightweight but sturdy construction makes this easy to move around your room.
- The shelf area is not adjustable, which can affect what you store in it.
3. Bush Furniture Visions Tall Corner TV Stand
The Bush Furniture Visions Tall Corner TV Stand (on Amazon) saves on space but offers plenty of open storage options.
Built to support flat-screen TVs up to 37 inches wide or 64 pounds, this entertainment center is constructed from MDF board, a black laminate topping, and one tempered glass door. (You do not have to worry about items inside not being ventilated, the back of the “cabinet” is open.)
With one entirely open shelf and 3 adjustable ones within the cabinet, this entertainment center will hold everything from electronics to décor items.
The full entertainment center measures 31 inches high, 31 inches wide and 19.5 inches deep. Fully assembled, the Bush Furniture Visions Tall Corner TV Stand weighs 70.3 pounds.
- A truly compact unit, this entertainment center takes up minimal floor space.
- Plenty of ventilation means your electronics are less likely to overheat.
- The heavy construction means this tall unit is less likely to fall over.
- The Bush Furniture Visions Tall Corner TV Stand comes only in black, which may not match everyone’s décor.
4. Convenient Concepts Designs2Go Deluxe 2-Door TV Stand
The Designs2Go Deluxe 2-Door TV Stand (on Amazon) by Convenient Concepts offers both open shelf support and an enclosed storage area.
Made of a beautiful wood-grain laminated MDF and composite plastics, this entertainment center comes in 3 color options: black with cherry doors, weathered grey, and white with black doors. Compact in nature, this stand should be used to support TVs up to 40 inches, or 70 pounds maximum.
The full entertainment center measures 20.5 inches high, 35.5 inches wide and 15.8 inches deep. Fully assembled, the Designs2Go Deluxe 2-Door TV Stand weighs 43.2 pounds.
- This is a truly compact entertainment center, measuring under 36 inches.
- The modern design can fit in with almost any décor.
- Easy to assemble, the dynamic color schemes are chic yet bold.
- Enclosed and open storage areas offer plenty of options for your entertainment center needs.
- The plastic end caps are easy to break if overstressed.
- Some users were disappointed that the “metal” supports for the open shelf were composite plastic.
5. Hayward TV Stand
The Hayward TV Stand (at AllModern.com) offers a retro, yet modern feel that can support flat-screen TVs up to 49 inches or 88 pounds. Offering both open storage as well as a concealed compartment, this entertainment center sits atop 4 wooden spoke legs.
Coming in both white and a natural wood grain variation, the Hayward TV Stand is made of manufactured wood and laminate.
The Hayward TV Stand measures 25.8 inches high, 43 inches wide and 14.17 inches deep. The non-adjustable shelf on the open side provides two 7.28 inch high by 26.77 inch wide spaces. The enclosed space, however, gives you a 15.21 inch high by 13.78 inch wide cabinet. This entertainment center measures 40.21 pounds once fully assembled.
- The sleek, retro design includes ample storage for all of your electronic needs.
- Two-wire holes are drilled into both sections of the open shelving to allow for easy cable management.
- Shelving is not adjustable.
- There is no shelf within the cabinet section.
6. ORE International Corner TV Stand
The ORE International Corner TV Stand (on Amazon) is a great space-saving option. Available in natural wood or black, this entertainment center is constructed from medium density fiberboard and wood composite.
For those who still buy compact discs (CDs), this TV stand includes space for up to 52 and conveniently uses these portions to help support the two large open shelves. What makes this entertainment center stand out, however, are the wheels it sits upon.
For those who worry about scratching their floors or who simply like to rearrange their spaces frequently, the ORE International Corner TV Stand allows for just that.
With angled rear corners but a flat back, this entertainment center can be placed against a wall or in a corner without jutting too far into your room. The ORE International Corner TV Stand supports TVs up to 35 inches.
The ORE International Corner TV Stand measures 30 inches high, 35 inches wide and 18 inches deep. Once built, the entertainment center weighs in at 47.5 pounds.
- Wheels make it easy to move this entertainment center around without fear of scratching your floors.
- Open construction allows for plenty of ventilation and storage.
- The ORE International Corner TV Stand only supports smaller TVs.
7. WE Furniture Modern Farmhouse Wood Corner Universal Stand
The Walker Edison Furniture Company (WE Furniture) designed this Modern Farmhouse Wood Corner Universal Stand (on Amazon) to support flat screen TVs up to 50-inches up to 250 pounds. Made of high-grade MDF, this entertainment center comes in 8 durable laminated colors, to include traditional brown, barnwood brown, black, driftwood, espresso, grey wash, reclaimed barnwood, and white oak. This entertainment center includes an adjustable shelf, enclosed with tempered glass doors, for ample storage of your décor or electronics. Because the rear edges are cut at an angle, this entertainment center can be conveniently placed in either a corner or flush against a wall – whichever works best for your small space!
At its widest points, this entertainment center (our top 8 list with fireplaces) measures 23 inches high, 44 inches wide and 16 inches deep. Fully assembled, the Modern Farmhouse Wood Corner Universal Stand weighs 66 pounds.
- Assembly is easy; the entertainment center can be assembled by one person in under an hour.
- Angled cuts allow the entertainment center to be placed anywhere in the room.
- Sturdy construction, quality materials and 8 color options make this entertainment a popular choice for smaller home theaters.
- If your cable box or surround sound receiver are larger than 12 inches, they will likely be too large for storing within the enclosed area.
8. Zoel TV Stand
Sleek and modern, this entertainment center just makes the list. The Zoel TV Stand (at AllModern.com) is one of the most unique pieces on this list.
Composed of a series of dynamic boxes, this stylish TV stand is assembled using manufactured wood pieces. With plenty of open spaces, your electronics receive plenty of ventilation to prevent overheating. Solidly built, the Zoel TV Stand supports TVs up to 50 inches wide or up to 88 pounds.
The full entertainment center measures 23.75 inches high, 47.25 inches wide and 15.75 inches deep. The central, backed shelf measures 3.88 inches high and 9.25 inches wide. The top shelf and bottom shelf, however, each measures 5.5 inches high and 21.75 inches wide. The Zoel TV Stand weighs 68.2 pounds when fully assembled.
- The design is dynamic, modern, and unique.
- Plenty of open space allows for optimal ventilation and ample storage of electronics and décor items.
- The Zoel TV Stand comes only in an espresso finish.
- Although it measures under 48 inches, this is one of the larger “small” entertainment centers featured on this list.